There are a wide range of federal and state benefits available to qualified veterans and their families. These benefits include grants and supportive services.
Benefits we can assist you with include:
- Service Connected Disability and Compensation
- Non-Service Connected Pension/Aid & Attendance (nursing home)
- Survivor Benefits
- Butler County Veterans In Need Emergency Assistance
- PA State Temporary Assistance
- GI Bill
- Federal and County Burial Benefits
- Flag Holders
- Real Estate Tax Exemption
- Other PA State Program
Noteworthy news and upcoming events for Butler County Veterans
- The Veteran Affairs office is currently located on the 5th Floor. Give us a call to schedule an appointment or stop in to see us!
- VA Medical Center Update: If a VA enrolled Veteran went to an emergency room he/she could notify the VA within 72 hours in order to facilitate the behind-the-scenes administrative things needed to take place for the VA to act on behalf of that Vet. In the past, that call could have been placed to the VA Medical Center to which the Veteran was enrolled. But there is now a new national number to which the Veteran will need to call to initiate that 72 hour notice: 1-844-72HRVHA (844-724-7842). All 72 hour calls now need to go to that number only. The 72 hour timer starts from when the Veteran goes to the emergency room, not when the veteran is discharged.
- Direct Deposit Enrollment Changes: The VA will no longer use the Direct Deposit Enrollment form 24-0296 or 24-0296a. Please refer to the attachment for further details. Direct Deposit Enrollment
Veterans Day Events
Our Veteran's Day Events are scheduled as normal. All events are COVID compliant so please bring your mask to participate. Please see below for details.
- Veteran of The Year: Deadline for resume submission is Friday, October 16th. If you are interested in nominating someone please see the resume guidelines below
- If you are interested in volunteering for any of our events our meeting schedule is as follows: Thursday, October 22nd 1:30 PM American Legion Post 117 Butler PA and Thursday, November 5th 1PM American Legion Post 117 Butler PA.
- Veterans Luncheon is scheduled for Saturday, November 14th at American Legion Post 778 in Lyndora. Doors open at 11:30 AM with festivities kicking off at Noon. Tickets are $15 a person. Please give us a call if you are interested in purchasing a ticket!
- The Veteran's Day Parade is Wednesday, November 11th. The parade will begin about 10:40 AM. If your group is interested in participating give our office a call to register!
- Basket Raffle tickets are here to purchase! $10 for 20 chances! Stop in and see us!