Health & Wellness
Community based programs that promote and offer instruction on having a healthy lifestyle are offered at County Senior Centers and community locations, in partnership with the Butler Family YMCA.
Programs include Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) and Healthy Steps for Older Adults (HSOA) Evidence Based Fall Prevention Workshop.
Healthy Steps for Older Adults Fall Prevention Program (HSOA)
HSOA is an evidence based fall prevention workshop for individuals 60 and older. The lecture program assists participants in determining their individual fall-risk based on medical, physical and environmental factors.
Classes are offered at no cost on an annual basis throughout Butler County.
To find a class near you visit Pennsylvania Department of Aging’s HSOA Page
SAIL Evidence Based Exercise Program
SAIL classes are specifically designed for individuals 60 years old and older to help improve balance and mobility; reducing the risk of falls and improving the quality of life.
What to Expect:
- 1 hour of exercise
- Classes taught by qualified instructors
- You can sit or stand. Exercises are adapted for all physical levels
- Registration and participant waiver are required for enrollment
- No cost!
- Butler Senior Center - Tanglewood
- Address: 10 Austin Avenue, Lyndora
- Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 9:15 am
- Cranberry Township Senior Center
- Address: 2525 Rochester Road, Cranberry Township
- Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 9:15 am, and Tuesday at 10:30 am
- Slippery Rock Senior Center
- Address: 52 Branchton Road, Slippery Rock
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 10 am
- Westminster Church (Butler)
- Location: North Main Street, Butler
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 11 am