Health & Wellness
Community based programs that promote and offer instruction on having a healthy lifestyle are offered at County Senior Centers and community locations, in partnership with the Butler Family YMCA.
Programs include Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) and Healthy Steps for Older Adults (HSOA) Evidence Based Fall Prevention Workshop.
Healthy Steps for Older Adults Fall Prevention Program (HSOA)
HSOA is an evidence based fall prevention workshop for individuals 60 and older. The lecture program assists participants in determining their individual fall-risk based on medical, physical and environmental factors.
Classes are offered at no cost on an annual basis throughout Butler County.
To find a class near you visit Pennsylvania Department of Aging’s HSOA Page
SAIL Evidence Based Exercise Program
SAIL classes are specifically designed for individuals 60 years old and older to help improve balance and mobility; reducing the risk of falls and improving the quality of life.
What to Expect:
- 1 hour of exercise
- Classes taught by qualified instructors
- You can sit or stand. Exercises are adapted for all physical levels
- Registration and participant waiver are required for enrollment
- No cost!
SAIL Live Class Schedule
- Butler Senior Center: 10:00 A.M. - 10:45 A.M. on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Cranberry Township Municipal Building Gym: 10:00 A.M. - 10:45 A.M. Monday and Friday
- Slippery Rock Senior Center: 10:00 A.M. - 10:45 A.M. on Tuesday
- Westminster Church: 11:00 A.M. - 11:45 A.M. on Tuesday and Thursday
Advanced registration required for live classes. Contact the Area Agency on Aging at 724-282-3008 48 hours prior to class (for Monday class, reserve by Thursday at noon)
Virtual Class Schedule
- Classes posted LIVE on the Area Agency on Aging's Facebook Page @ButlerAging
- Monday at 11:00 AM - Chair Class
- Wednesday at 11:00 AM - Moderate Level (Standing)
- Friday at 11:00 AM - Lower Level (Chair and Standing)