Important Notice for Visitors
Beginning May 15, 2020 we will be allowing the public to access the public Assessment and Mapping areas for Property Record Searches.
We will be following CDC Guidelines.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entrance to the Government Center.
- A mask must be worn at all times.
- Only 2 people at a time will be allowed in the public office area. Everyone MUST practice Social Distancing in the hallway.
- Under no circumstances will anyone be allowed in the employee area.
- We will no longer be offering free property record cards by email or fax.
- Coming Soon! Our online property record search is under construction and will be available very soon. More details will follow.
There is some assessment information (including sale information if applicable) available on our GIS Mapping site at https://gis.co.butler.pa.us/
Information regarding Covid-19 and Property Taxes
Senate Bill #841/Act 15-2020 allows the County and Municipalities to extend the period by which property taxes "at face" through and until November 30, 2020. Butler County has passed Resolution 2020-12 to allow for this change. Municipal Resolutions that have been passed can be found on the link below.
The mission of the Assessment Department is to assess and promote uniformity to all real estate in the County of Butler. The Assessment Department operates primarily under the authority of the Consolidated County Assessment Law 53 Pa. C.S. § 8801et Seq., and such other laws and statutes that may relate. The Assessment Department generates the property tax bills for the County, Municipalities, and School Districts.
The County and Municipal Property Tax Bills were sent out on March 1, 2020. Please refer to your bill for tax collector information and due dates.
The School Property Tax Bill will be sent out August 1, 2020.
If you own property in Butler County and did not receive a tax bill, please contact your local tax collector.
- Board of Assessment Appeal Form
- Application for Homestead and Farmstead Exclusions (PDF)
- Change of Address Form (PDF)
- Millage Sheet (PDF)
- School Districts (PDF)