- Applications for a License to Carry a Firearm are being processed in the Lobby office of the Government Center. The hours are 8:30 AM through 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, except Holidays. We are closed for lunch between noon and 1:00 PM.
To provide the highest level of law enforcement and professional services which is supported by a positive, focused, and forward approach to accomplish these goals for the benefit of the residents and taxpayers of this County.
The Office will continue to strive for excellence by seeking areas of training and education that will enhance the Deputies knowledge by applying the most up to date information in the performance of their duties at the highest level of professionalism.
- Service to the community by being proactive in activities and education
- Honor to the esteem profession of law enforcement
- Excellence in maintaining the highest standards
- Respect treated as a deference or courtesy to a person
- Integrity is the moral and ethical principles of character
- Focus to stay on point on the task at hand
- Fairness to treat all fairly and without bias, but even handed
Basic Handgun Safety Class
The Butler County Sheriff’s Office Basic Handgun Safety Course is being scheduled for the Spring of 2021. The one day event will be from 9 AM until noon at the Butler County Staff Development room at 227 East Cunningham Street. There will be a break for lunch and then reconvene from 1 PM until 3 PM at the Butler City Hunting and Fishing Club in East Butler, PA for the firing range familiarization.
For those of you on the waiting list, please be patient. Our classes have been full and we are trying our best to accommodate everyone who has signed up.
For more information, please see the Firearms Safety Course page or call the Office at 724-284-5245.
Cranberry License to Carry
The Sheriff’s Office will be renewing and accepting License to Carry applications at the Cranberry Township Municipal Building’s Public Meeting Room between 9 AM and 2 PM on the following Saturdays:
- February 12, 2022
- May 14, 2022
- July 9, 2022
- October 8, 2022
The Cranberry Township Municipal Building is located at:
2525 Rochester Road
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Butler License to Carry
- April 9, 2022
- September 10, 2022
Butler County Government Center at 124 West Diamond Street Butler, PA 16001 between 9 AM and 2 PM