******September 2023 NEW******
1) We are now accepting License to Carry applications and renewals online at the following link: https://butlerpa.permitium.com/ccw/start
This is an option that I would like to provide for your convenience. We have partnered with a 3rd party vendor to provide this opportunity. There is an administrative fee and a credit card fee paid to the vendor with this feature. You can always come into the office to apply or renew your License. If you choose to apply online, you will be notified about the status of the process and will be notified when to come in for your signature and picture.
2) We have a public WARRANT portal to view active warrants at https://civil.co.butler.pa.us/sheriff.warrantportal
3) We also have a public portal for Mortgage Foreclosure sale listing at https://civil.co.butler.pa.us/sheriff.salelisting/
4) As of January 19, 2024, all Mortgage Foreclosure sales will be available on line only at https://butler.pa.realforeclose.com/ All prospective buyers will have to register and provide a deposit to be permitted to bid. Buyers will be provided bidder training with several webinar opportunities which is sponsored by Real Auction.
Please stay tuned for updated information and web site address.
To provide the highest level of law enforcement and professional services which is supported by a positive, focused, and forward approach to accomplish these goals for the benefit of the residents and taxpayers of this County.
The Office will continue to strive for excellence by seeking areas of training and education that will enhance the Deputies knowledge by applying the most up to date information in the performance of their duties at the highest level of professionalism.
- Service to the community by being proactive in activities and education
- Honor to the esteem profession of law enforcement
- Excellence in maintaining the highest standards
- Respect treated as a deference or courtesy to a person
- Integrity is the moral and ethical principles of character
- Focus to stay on point on the task at hand
- Fairness to treat all fairly and without bias, but even handed
Basic Handgun Safety Class
No classes currently scheduled.
or more information, please see the Firearms Safety Course page or call the Office at 724-284-5245.
Cranberry License to Carry
The Sheriff’s Office will be renewing and accepting License to Carry applications at the Cranberry Township Municipal Building’s Public Meeting Room between 9 AM and 2 PM on the following Saturdays:
No LTC events in Cranberry until further notice
The Cranberry Township Municipal Building is located at:
2525 Rochester Road
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Butler License to Carry
- September 9, 2023
- October 14, 2023
Butler County Government Center at 124 West Diamond Street Butler, PA 16001 between 9 AM and 2 PM