Public Records & the Right-to-Know Law
- Butler County Excess Funds List (PDF)
- Butler County Right-to-Know Policy (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Citizen Guide to Open Records
- Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law
Make an Open Records Request
- All requests must be made in writing on the Right-To-Know Request Form (PDF)
- Address your requests to the appropriate Open Records Office and deliver in person, through the mail, via fax, or via e-mail.
For requests to the Butler County Administration and areas of County Government where there is no Deputy Open Records Officer designated, please contact Maria Malloy, of Open Records.
Court of Common Pleas / Open Records
Court records are available from the filing office of each individual court. For example:
- Civil Case can be obtained information through the Prothonotary.
- Criminal Case information can be obtained through the Clerk of Courts.
- District Court can be obtained matters through each respective Magisterial District Judge office.
For Court Open Records information that does not fall within the above guidelines, the only administrative Court records available follow Pennsylvania 509 Rules of Judicial Administration and can be requested from the Court Administrator.
For more information from our various county officials, see the Elected Officials page.
To appeal a decision, contact the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records.