- Human Services
- Drug & Alcohol Programs
- Prevention Services
Butler County Drug and Alcohol Programs is responsible for the development, oversight, management and implementation of substance abuse prevention services throughout Butler County.
This includes implementing programs, strategies, policies and practices that are based on research proving effectiveness and/or best practices.
The primary focus of our programs is to reduce risk factors associated with substance use and promote the development of healthy lifestyles that positively impact individuals across their lifespan, and in their communities, families and schools.
Evidence Based Curriculums
In schools, students are educated by using single, informational presentations and multiple session/evidence-based curriculums. The term "evidence based" means that the curriculum has been rigorously researched and proven to produce positive outcomes. It is the belief that youth who learn positive social behaviors grow up to be productive adults and make better decisions.
Our prevention department also offers professional trainings on substance use related issues, and provides information on drug, alcohol, tobacco, and gambling through:
- Our Butler FirstStep website and Facebook page
- At community health fairs
- Via multi-media campaigns
All Butler County Drug and Alcohol Programs services are free.
For More Information
To learn more about our prevention services, or how you can request a program, contact the Prevention-Education Department at 724-284-5114.
- VIDEO: Gaming & Gambling: Are They Really That Different?
- Butler FirstStep
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration - Underage Drinking
- Commonwealth Prevention Alliance
- Drug Free America Foundation
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- PAStop - The Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Campaign to Stop Opiate Abuse