- General Guidelines for Nomination Petitions (PDF)
- General Information About Running for Public Office (PDF)
Petition Forms & Instructions
Petition forms and instructions are for candidates of the Republican Party and the Democratic Party only. Candidates of minor political parties and political bodies may not utilize these forms.
Before downloading or printing any of the nomination petitions please read all instructions very carefully. Failure to reproduce the nomination petitions correctly may result in the rejection of those forms.
Municipal Election Year
2019 will be a municipal election year and the petitions that the County of Butler, Bureau of Elections will be accepting are for candidates running for countywide, school director, City of Butler, and local municipal elected offices that are to be placed on the ballot. The petitions listed are only available in municipal election years. Municipal elections occur in odd-numbered years only (for example 2017, 2019, 2021, etc.). The following forms are for:
- Nomination Petitions, required forms, and instructions for all Countywide, Magisterial Districts, City of Butler and Butler School District elected offices:
- Nomination Petitions, required forms, and instructions for all Municipal, School Director (excluding Butler Area School School District), Constable, and Poll Worker elected offices.
- Candidate Request for Free List (PDF) - Candidates only are entitled to one free copy the year they are running for office this request is to be used for Full Street List Only
- Candidate Request for Public Information (PDF) - Specialized voter registration listings, street listings, labels, databases in electronic format and other related materials. Fees apply
Forms listed may be faxed to the office of Election Services 724-284-5311, please allow five working days from receipt of request. All request shall be picked up in person and if payment is required, payment is due before requests are released. No orders will be accepted within 10 working days immediately preceding any Primary or General Election, including Special Elections.