Transfer of Supervision

Out of County Supervision

An offender who is sentenced in Butler County and resides in another jurisdiction may request the supervision be transferred to the county in which the offender resides. The Butler County Adult Probation and Parole Department will prepare an inter-county transfer packet for the receiving county to review. The offender will be required to abide by the conditions ordered by the Court and any additional conditions that the receiving county imposes.

Out of State Supervision

If the offender resides in another state when sentenced in Butler County Court, the supervision may be transferred to their home state under the rules of the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision (ICAOS). In the event an offender being supervised in another county or state violates the conditions of supervision, the case may be returned to Butler County for future court action.

Interstate Transfer Application Fee

Offenders are assessed an Interstate Transfer Application fee for each transfer request submitted. Offenders must sign an expressed waiver of extradition which includes an agreement to abide by the conditions of both Pennsylvania and the state which they are requesting transfer.

All supervision transfer cases are subject to applicable supervision fees in the county in which they are being supervised.