- Emergency Services/911
- Addressing & Road Name Policy
Addressing & Road Name Policy
The Purpose of the Addressing Policy/Road Naming is to establish and maintain a system for the consistent assignment, naming and identification of roads and numerical addresses for Butler County which will improve the efficiency of locating a property by use of a unique street name and address; to state the policies of Butler County regarding addressing new projects, re-addressing areas, naming new roads, numbering roads, naming or renaming existing roads, and road and address signage and posting of signage for individual addresses; to state the responsibility of various Butler County municipalities in addressing, road naming, and road signage and lastly, Butler County Department of Emergency Services shall maintain a Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) list and for all addresses in Butler County. All municipalities and any County agency dealing with road names or addressing shall coordinate road naming and address assignment with Butler County Department of Emergency Services.
- Resolving road name duplications within a municipality in compliance with municipal policy.
- Having a building permit ordinance requiring that the applicant have an address assigned prior to receiving a building permit and to enforce this ordinance.
- Having a subdivision ordinance requiring that the applicant have approved street names for all proposed roads prior to receiving approval of preliminary plat and to enforce this ordinance.
- Passing ordinances to adopt names for all roads within the municipality.
- In the case that a street name must be changed, the municipality will inform property owners along the street.
- Fabricating and installing street name signs at the intersections of all new public roads in accordance with the current federal guidelines.
- Maintaining street name signs at the intersections of all existing public roads in accordance with the current federal guidelines. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
To access and download the Road Application form, please click HERE
Once the form has filled out, forward to Pam Kiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the form to 724-285-6388. If you have any questions and/or need assistance, please contact Pam at the above email address or by phone at 724-284-5211.